When you’re on vacation, it can be easy to stress over all the rich foods you’re eating. But there are plenty of ways that you can feel good about going on vacation and lose weight at the same time!
- Do fun activities. No matter where you go, there’s bound to be things you can do to keep active. Whether or not it’s a biking tour of the city you’re in, a fun hike, a swim in the ocean or lake, or something more adventurous like ziplining or hiking, you’re sure to find something unique and fun to do where you are. Even just walking wherever you go can work in a lot of activity.
- Eat clean and local. If you’re traveling somewhere new, you shouldn’t be eating McDonald’s anyway, but try to eat local food that’s fresh and healthy. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with indulging if the local fare calls for it, but just keeping your health in mind will help you be aware of what you’re eating.
- Take healthy snacks with you. If you know you’ll be going long stretches where you won’t be able to stop for a meal, or you’re taking a road trip, or just trying to save money, bring along healthy snacks with you. This will cut out a lot of potential empty calories.
- Get a day pass to a nearby gym, or go for a run. This really depends on where you’re going or what kind of workout you’re used to, but lots of gyms will offer day passes, or maybe your hotel will have a gym. If you’re looking to get a scenic workout, map out a run around where you’re staying. This will give you a chance to see where you’re staying in a totally different way, and you’ll get a workout at the same time.
- Slow down and relax. Sometimes, that’s all the body really needs. This is a vacation after all, and you’re probably trying to relax anyway. Whether you’re taking walks or just chilling out by the beach, letting your body shed itself of the stress you’re always under may help you lose weight. Recovery is just as important as diet and activity, so do whatever your body is telling you to do.