A 6-year-old boy in Florida was forced to call 911 after he found his mother passed out in a Wendy’s bathroom with a syringe in her arm.
According to a police report, 26-year-old Amanda B. Levine told her son she was going to use the restroom at Wendy’s, but after several minutes of waiting, he became concerned.
Finally, the boy got up and went to check on his mother in the women’s restroom, but he was shocked when he walked in on a terrifying sight.
Authorities say the little boy found his own mother on the floor of the bathroom, with her pants down to her knees and a needle in her arm.
According to Palm Beach Post, when police arrived at the scene, Levine was still completely unresponsive on the bathroom floor with a syringe sticking out of her arm, just like her son found her.
When she finally came to, Levine told police that an old friend had given her a capsule that had a powdery substance inside.
A police report shows that Levine was arrested on child neglect charges. The Florida Department of Children and Family Services also responded to the scene, but it’s unclear who took custody of the child.